At InsuraMatch we want to make sure we can offer coverage for all your needs from cars, homes, motorcycles, and boats we want to make sure nothing and no one’s insurance needs-are left behind. That’s why, we’ve partnered with the ASPCA® Pet Health Insurance program to be able to offer you Pet Insurance- and the best part? You can purchase the policy online!
With Pet Insurance it’s important to know what can be covered and what won’t be so in this article we will cover the basics of ASPCA Pet Health Insurance for you.
Some Items that Can be Covered:
Exam fees, diagnostics, and treatment are covered for each of the below categories, provided your pet does not suffer from a pre-existing condition*. Even chemotherapy, surgery, stem-cell therapy, and acupuncture are included in the coverage.
- Accidents: can include injuries such as, torn ligaments, bite wounds from another animal, cuts, broken bones, lodged foreign objects and toxic ingestions.
- Illnesses: can include conditions such as, dental disease, cancer, arthritis, hypothyroidism, digestive problems and UTI’s just to name a few of the common ones.
- Hereditary Conditions: coverage designed for symptoms that don’t show up until later in your pet’s life, after coverage has started for your ASPCA® Pet Health Insurance policy.
- Behavioral Issues: helps protect conditions related to anxiety or compulsive behavior, for example excessive licking and fur pulling.
Some Items that are Not Covered:
- Pre-existing conditions: pre-existing conditions are not covered by a policy through the ASPCA® pet health insurance program. Pre-existing conditions arise before your policy term begins or during the 14-day waiting period. Accidents, illnesses, hereditary conditions, and behavioral issues that constitute a pre-existing condition would not be covered. However, a condition (other than a knee or ligament condition) will not be considered pre-existing if the condition is curable, is cured, and your pet is free of symptoms and treatment for 180 days or longer.
- Breeding costs: none of the plans offered cover costs associated with pet breeding or pregnancy.
- Cosmetic Procedures: Aesthetic or elective procedures like tail docking, ear cropping, and claw removal are not covered by any of the plans offered.
Preventative care is an optional coverage available for an additional monthly cost that would help cover the costs of annual wellness exams, vaccines, and screenings.
How does the process work?
You can enroll multiple pets at one time or add them later; each pet will have an individual policy and premium. A multi-pet discount is available for each additional pet that you enroll.
After your policy is issued you can:
- Visit any licensed veterinarian, specialist, or emergency clinic you like and pay your bill for the visit.
- Submit claims online, by mail or by fax.
- Have reimbursements for eligible expenses directly deposited into your bank account or mailed to you.
Once you pay your vet bill you submit a claim, just like with auto and home, where you will then be reimbursed for as much of a reimbursement percentage as you selected when requesting the insurance. You can go to any licensed veterinary clinic in the U.S. or Canada and your ASPCA Pet Health Insurance policy will be acceptable there.
Ready to get a quote? Get a quote for pet insurance here (link once available)
Disclosure from the ASPCA Pet Health Insurance program:
*Pre-existing conditions are not covered. Waiting periods, annual deductible, co-insurance, benefit limits and exclusions may apply. For all terms and conditions visit www.aspcapetinsurance.com/terms. Preventive and Wellness Care reimbursements are based on a schedule. Complete Coverage℠ reimbursements are based on the invoice. Levels 1-4 reimbursements are based on usual and customary eligible costs. Products, schedules, and rates may vary and are subject to change. Discounts may vary and are subject to change. More information available at checkout.
The ASPCA® is not an insurer and is not engaged in the business of insurance. Products are underwritten by United States Fire Insurance Company (NAIC #21113. Morristown, NJ), produced and administered by C&F Insurance Agency, Inc. (NPN # 3974227), a Crum & Forster company. Through a licensing agreement, the ASPCA® receives a royalty fee that is in exchange for use of the ASPCA’s marks and is not a charitable contribution.
The ASPCA® Pet Health Insurance program and C&F Insurance Agency, Inc. are not affiliated with InsuraMatch. InsuraMatch receives compensation from C&F Insurance Agency, Inc. and its affiliates based on the policy you buy. For information on InsuraMatch’s compensation, go to: https://www.insuramatch.com/contact.